Orthodontic / Braces Treatment
Orthodontic / Braces Treatment
An improper alignment of the teeth can be treated with Dental Braces Treatment. It is one of the traditional methods of treating Orthodontic issues. Dr. Rahul Vedpathak is Best Orthodontists in Nagpur. With braces, proper pressure is put on the desired teeth to move in a specific direction and get in the proper position. Metallic Braces, Cosmetic Braces, Ceramic Braces, and Lingual Braces are some of the main types of braces used.
Table of content
When your upper front teeth overlap your lower front teeth by more than 2mm, you have an overbite, which requires orthodontic treatment.
- Crossbite: In an ideal scenario, your upper teeth lie buccally(towards the cheek side) in comparison to your lower teeth. In some cases, however, the lower teeth overlap the upper teeth, a condition known as a crossbite that can be corrected with proper dental correction treatment.
- Open Bite:
- If your upper teeth fail to overlap your lower teeth, the condition is called an open bite and requires orthodontic correction.
- Misplaced midline: When the centre of your upper front teeth does not line up with the centre of your lower front teeth.
- Spacing: In ideal cases, adult teeth do not show spaces between them. However, due to a mismatch in jaw-to-tooth size or missing teeth, there is often an unnatural spacing between teeth that requires orthodontic correction.
When there is crowding of teeth, it can cause many dental issues like cavities, food lodgement, gum infections and poor aesthetics.
- Forwardly placed teeth: Due to jaw development issues, it can result in the forwardly placed upper or lower jaw, and subsequently the teeth. If left untreated, this condition can result in many dental issues.
- Efficient chewing of food
- Improvement of speech
- Improvement in dental hygiene
- Ease of maintaining good oral hygiene
- Reduced risk of cavities and gum diseases
- Reduced attrition or grinding of teeth
- Corrects protrusion of teeth, which are a higher risk of trauma
- Improves smile that helps boost confidence and self-esteem
When advised orthodontic treatment using Braces/Wire, most patients worry about the cost of treatment. Orthodontic treatment cost based on the type of dental braces chosen by the patient.
Another factor that determines the cost of your orthodontic treatment is the individual diagnosis and treatment plan. You can check out our online pricing list for the cost of the individual wires for the mouth.
- Metallic- As the name goes, these are metallic in nature and are of two types:
- Basic Metal- The orthodontists at Sabka Dentist use the top quality metallic braces to provide controlled orthodontic movements to give you a successful treatment.
- Self-Ligating Metal- These are advanced metals that are atleast 30% faster than traditional metals. These types of material do not need elastics and therefore, are easy to clean and maintain by the patient. At Sabka Dentist, we use the best quality of self-ligating metal braces that apply low friction and make it comfortable and convenient for the patient.
- Ceramic- Since the metallic smile of the metal was a put-off for patients, ceramic braces were introduced. These are tooth-coloured and have far better aesthetics compared to metals. These are further of two types:
- Basic Ceramic
- Self-Ligating Ceramic
- Invisible or Clear Aligners- These are the latest type of aligners and have been introduced to make teeth alignment treatment even more aesthetic than ceramic braces. They are also called clear aligners and are essentially transparent trays that need to be worn on upper and lower teeth to bring about teeth alignment. They are removable, invisible when worn on the teeth even at close distances and are very comfortable. These wires are customized for each patient and are manufactured using CAD/CAM technology. While brushing and ways to floss with braces of the fixed kind can be challenging, maintaining oral hygiene with invisible aligners is the easiest.
There are relatively few post treatment rules separated from the essential ones. You may be approached to have a check on eating hard nourishments. As a rule, you can even expel them while eating.
Likewise relying upon the state of your teeth, you may need to wear them for a time of 12 to two years. Consequently consistently ensure that you keep your meeting with your dental specialist. Finding the best invisible wire near you will give you the best improvement and results.
In order to begin orthodontic treatment at Smilenglamour, you must visit our orthodontist. You will be asked to report with a full mouth X-Ray and a lateral profile X-Ray for facial, dental and skeletal evaluation. After viewing your X-rays and performing a clinical evaluation, the orthodontist will devise a treatment plan.
You will also be given the treatment duration, cost and a complete quotation. Once you have understood the treatment plan and are prepared to go ahead with the treatment, your treatment will begin.
Teeth extractions are not required for all orthodontic treatment. The reason teeth are extracted is when there isn’t enough space in the arch to move the teeth into alignment.
The space obtained after teeth extraction is used to straighten teeth and align them. After a complete evaluation of your case, the orthodontist will inform you whether you need dental extractions or not.
After the orthodontic treatment is done you will find the teeth in a proper position, but to give it a proper shaping, this is known as the maintenance period, and the apparatuses that hold the teeth set up are called retainers.
The retainers hold recently fixed teeth in position while the encompassing gum and bone settles. The retainers can be removable or fixed, contingent upon the first issue.
You can look for any “Smilenglamour” ortho dental clinics near you. They are one of the leading Orthodontic treatment providers in India. Sabka dentist provides Orthodontic treatment to people at an affordable cost in India and makes it easier to get the treatment.
The Orthodontic treatment before and after results can reflect the improvement in your smile. Come to the nearest branch of Sabka dentist to get better Orthodontic treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
The length of orthodontic treatment for a patient is determined by multiple factors, which includes the severity of malocclusion, age, health of teeth, biologic response, etc. Nevertheless, typical orthodontic treatment takes between 12 and 36 months.
Dental braces are not painful. In most cases, there might be mild discomfort after the orthodontic wire is engaged into the brackets.
With braces fixed on the teeth, one should avoid eating food that has sticky consistency or is hard enough as it can lead to the breaking of the brackets and thus delay the total treatment time.
If you are irregular in your appointments, then the intended time period for the completion of the treatment will be prolonged and the teeth movement will be affected.
There is no age limit for getting teeth braces done. The only consideration is that the teeth should be periodontally sound.
It is not advisable to stop orthodontic treatment midway as relapse will most likely occur.
Retention phase follows orthodontic treatment. Orthodontic retainers are custom-made devices that are usually made of wires and acrylic. Their aim is to hold teeth in their new position. Once the orthodontic treatment has been completed, there will remain a risk of relapse i.e. the tendency of teeth to return to their original position.
Relapse can occur due to multiple factors, which includes recoil of periodontal fibers, pressure from surrounding soft tissues, the occlusion and patient’s continued growth (as seen in adolescents).
By using retainers to hold the teeth in their new position for certain length of time, the surrounding periodontal fibers are able to adapt to changes in the bone which will minimize any changes to the final tooth position after the completion of orthodontic treatment.
Removable retainers are only required to be worn part-time, while fixed retainers consist of passive wire bonded permanently to the lingual surface (tongue side) of incisors.
Following are the advantages of Invisible Braces over Braces:
- Removable: With Invisible Braces, the trays can be removed, allowing you to eat and drink without food getting stuck in braces.
- Aesthetic: Clear trays may not even be noticed when the patient is wearing them.
- Comfort: Aligner trays can be more comfortable as there are no brackets involved that can otherwise create sores.
- Cleaning: It is easier to keep the Invisible Braces trays cleaner than braces.
Visit Smilenglamour Dentist now to get the best orthodontist near you.