Smile N Glamour is the Best Dental Implant clinic in Nagpur. Dental Implants are one of the solutions for missing teeth. Putting the crowns, bridges, or dentures can be supported with the help of dental implants easily. The screw is fixed in the jawbone with the surgical fixture in an easier way. For making it function properly, the screw is generally placed on it.
Table of content
There is nothing that is as good as your natural tooth. However, people can lose their teeth due to many reasons – decay, trauma, gum disease, bone disease, etc. In order to eat, chew and talk, we need our teeth. So, to restore a person’s missing tooth, dentistry provides a few options – dentures, crown and bridge and implants!
How does a dental implant/tooth implant work?Though replacement of teeth has been in dental practice for many decades, today, dental implants are considered the standard of care for prosthetic replacement of missing teeth. Once an implant screw is placed inside the jaw bone, it is allowed fuse with it and this process takes a few months.
This process of blending between the dental implant and jawbone is called “osseointegration.” Implants are made up of titanium, an element that is biocompatible and routinely used in surgeries to replace bones.
The dental implant actually replaces the root of a missing tooth. On top of this screw-like structure, an implant crown or a bridge is placed. Having a dental implant fused to the jawbone is the closest thing to resemble a natural tooth because it stands on its own without affecting the nearby teeth and has great stability.
As compared to a bridge to replace missing tooth/teeth, an implant doesn’t disturb adjacent teeth and has superior aesthetics too. With advances in dentistry in the recent past, there have been many advances even in the field of implants, which have significantly improved the success rate of implants clinically.
In order to replace a missing tooth with an implant, the treatment can be divided into the following steps:
- Diagnosis and treatment planning
- Placement of implant
- Healing phase
- Prosthetic phase
In the diagnosis and treatment planning stage, the space around the missing tooth is evaluated and the number of implant screws and crowns is determined based on the amount of space that is available. Measurements of the region and x-rays are used in the diagnosis.
The next step is the placement of the implant screw. This is a minor surgical procedure that is performed under local anaesthesia in the dental clinic. Followed by this phase is the healing phase wherein, the implant is allowed to fuse with the underlying jaw bone in order to stabilise and be able to bear the load of biting forces once the crown has been placed.
This phase can take anything between 3-4 months based on the patient’s overall health, dental health, oral hygiene and medical history. Once the osseointegration of the implant screw with the bone has been confirmed using x-rays, the next step is performed–preparing the implant to receive a crown.
Many patients are sceptical about implant placement as they are relatively newer than the dentures and crowns that have been around for some time. Also, implants are slightly more expensive than dentures and bridges and so people prefer to choose them over implants.
However, implants are the first choice for replacement of missing teeth today due to the many benefits implants have such as:
- Compared to dentures, implants are fixed options which means they provide more comfort and stability
- Since dentures cover a large part of our gum tissue, taste and temperature sensation are nearly lost while one eats their food. This, however, is not seen with implants
- Compared to bridges, implant treatment takes a longer time to complete. However, in the case of bridges, adjacent teeth are prepared to support the missing tooth and can sometimes be slightly compromised in their strength and structure. Implants, on the other hand, are standalone structures and do not cause harm to nearby teeth
- They have the most superior aesthetics and look very similar to natural teeth
- When done properly, implants can last a lifetime, unlike dentures and crowns and bridges, which need to be replaced after a couple of years
A dental implant can do ponders for confidence, since it feels and resembles a typical tooth. Numerous individuals who were modest about grinning as a result of a space from a lost tooth feel increasingly great after dental implants.
Past the style, a dental embed additionally makes it simpler to eat and talk, on the grounds that a titanium post made sure about legitimately in the jaw holds the implant set up.
One of the biggest myths about dental implants is that they are expensive. However, the truth is dental implants are affordable options to replace missing teeth. Comparing their cost to resin-based dentures, implants may seem costly but comparing the benefits and advantages of implants with those of removable dentures, the implants are worth the cost.
Many a time, the cost of a bridge unit is the same or more expensive than the cost of 2-3 implants that can be placed in its place. The cost of implants also depends upon the type of implant, the technique involved, surgical costs, bone grafts that may be needed in some cases, and the brand of implant one chooses.
At our SMILENGLAMOUR clinics, we offer attractive payment schemes for implant treatments that make it easier for you to pay for your implant treatment. Contact our dental team for more information.
When you are going for dental treatment like dental implants then it is obvious that you may doubt the intensity of pain in the dental implants. The dental implants are done when tooth loss occurs and it is a little painful, still, it is bearable. When you get your dental implants, it is a little discomfort initially because your mouth is not used to it.
A mild soreness also occurs in the mouth which may affect the taste while eating food during the initial days, so taking proper care is essential. In fact, during the process of the dental implant, anesthesia is given which will minimize the pain during the treatment process. Taking pain medications as suggested can help to relieve the pain.
Dental implants are one of the solutions to the missing tooth or teeth. It will have some cost as a titanium post is put in the gum line beneath the jawbone in the tooth root. The cost will with respect to the material used. Also, inserting this material would involve surgical process and giving a look of the natural tooth and implantologist will be attached.
The cost will depend on the material used for the tooth implant, the cost of the specialist, and considering any other complexities. In the case of full mouth dental implants, the cost will increase, yet you might get some concession in cost per tooth implant. Overall, the cost will be much affordable compared to the value given.
For treatment like a dental implant, everyone is a candidate. Many of the techniques are available to deal with tooth loss. For ensuring proper care after the dental implants, few things are considered concerning the dental implant.
Following cases are considered:
- If the patient is a child then most of the experts recommend waiting till the age of 18 years
- In case of severe health issues like diabetes, weakness, and a few other things, the experts have to do proper pain medications
- Improper bone can also be problematic in the dental implants as it cannot be supportive, still, in some cases, alternative methods can be used.
Mostly many of the patients will not feel the exact effect as that of the natural teeth, still, the things are much better than no tooth at all. Most of the patients feel very uncomfortable while eating the food during the initial few weeks and they feel comfortable after some period. Some patients feel a little sensation during the few days.
If it is a single tooth then you may not feel more uncomfortable, however, in the case of more than two teeth, it will be a little discomfort. Over a certain period, you will get accustomed to it and do daily activities properly.
For people who do full mouth dental implants, it is very uncomfortable for the first three weeks. However, after a period of one or two months, you will start feeling the dental implant is more natural.
It is difficult to chew food and smile when you have a missing tooth. Dental implants appear as artificial tooth that gives an aesthetic appearance to the teeth.
As zirconia dental implants cost in India is comparatively lower, many people prefer this type of treatment. Any dental implants can make it easier for chewing food, prevent the neighbouring teeth from replacing the position, and dental implants also improve the aesthetic appearance of the smile.
If you are looking for the best dental implants near you for your missing teeth. Then Sabka dentist is a better choice for you. They have expertise in giving quality dental implant treatment.
Sabka dentist has lower dental implants cost in India that can be easy to afford. They have branches in prime locations of some important cities of India. Visit Sabka dentist clinic to get an excellent dental implant solution.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Implants resemble natural teeth.
- Implants function similar to natural teeth and there are no difficulties in eating or cleaning the teeth.
- The presence of the implant maintains the structure of the bone beneath the replaced tooth, as chewing forces are transmitted through the implant to the bone and stimulate the natural process of bone renewal. This helps preserve a good appearance, both of the restored teeth and of the face.
- Dental implants can anchor bridges and overdentures.
With traditional method, shortest time frame for completing implant procedure is about five months in the lower jaw and six months in the upper jaw. In the traditional method, two procedures are required with 3 – 6 months between them. During the first procedure, a small gingival incision is made and bone is drilled to make room for implant.
After the implant placement, the incision is stitched closed. 3 – 6 months are waited to allow osseous integration between the implant pores and bone tissue. After ensuring osseointegration and healing, a second procedure is performed. It involves making a new incision to expose the implant and installing a collar called healing cap onto the top of implant.
Healing cap brings about healing of the surrounding gum tissue. After few weeks, the healing cap is removed. This is followed by abutment which is screwed into the implant. This abutment is used to support the crown. The latest method is one stage procedure where the implants, abutments and temporary crown or bridge are all placed in one visit itself.
- One or more missing teeth
- To restore aesthetics, speech and mastication
- Healthy gums/ Healthy periodontal condition
- Sufficient alveolar bone thickness to anchor the implant. (Some people who have low bone thickness due to long standing edentulism, age etc will first require special procedures for bone augmentation).
- Good Oral Hygiene Practice
- Young Children whose jawbones are still in stage of growth
- Heavy Smokers
- Alcohol Abuse
- Patients who have received high dose of radiation in the region of head, neck and face
- Chronic diseases like uncontrolled diabetes, connective tissue diseases, etc
- Patients on immunosuppressant medications.
- Patients with Bruxism habit.
Bone grafting is carried out to increase the width and height of the jawbone at the site of implant. Bone grafts are of the following types:
- Autogeneous/ Autografts: Best results are obtained when bone from another part of one’s own body is harvested.
- Allografts: These are human bone grafts obtained from bone banks.
- Xenograft : Bone is obtained from an animal donor. (eg. Bovine bone)
- Alloplast : These are synthetic bone substitutes that are chemically similar to human bone. They may act as scaffold for new natural bone formation. They may be replaced by natural bone (resorbable alloplast) or retained (non resorbable alloplast).
An autogenous/ autograft is the preferred choice because there is no risk of your body rejecting it. After the bone grafting procedure, one will have to wait for at least 3 months before having implants placed, so as to promote healing. The exact waiting time will depend on how much bone has been grafted.
Sinus Augmentation is done to raise the maxillary sinus floor by bone grafting. This will make more bone available to support a dental implant treatment.
- Early loading
- Delayed loading
The majority of implants are placed under normal local anesthetic. Some pressing and pushing may be experienced during the implant procedure as well as some vibrations during the drilling stage will be experienced, but this shall not be sharp or painful.
For bigger procedures, such as multiple implants or complex cases, sedation can be provided. Sedation is not a general anesthetic, but it makes the patients feel comfortable.
Yes. One implant per tooth is not needed and one can actually have as few as four implants to replace all of the upper or lower teeth. There are a variety of options for the type of bridge, which can either be removable or fixed in place.
All-on-4 is a trademarked treatment procedure that essentially involves replacement of all missing teeth in one jaw by using only 4 implants. This procedure is especially beneficial in patients who have lost a lot of bone in the back areas of the mouth.
- Bleeding that won’t cease
- Any pain in the jaws, mouth, or sinuses that does not get relieved by the prescribed medicine
- Fever above 100.4ºF (38ºC)
- An abutment that feels loose
Recovery after placement of Dental Implants will vary from one person to another. It will be determined by factors like the number of implants placed, etc. Generally, recovery takes only few days. For the first 30 minutes after placement of dental implants, keep the site covered with gauze pack and apply moderate bite pressure.
Symptoms of bleeding, swelling and pain are common, but report to the dentist if excessive. Ice pack can be used to alleviate the symptoms. One should maintain good oral hygiene practice. Have liquid and soft diet for the initial few days. Also avoid spitting, vigorous rinsing and using a straw for few days. After 24 hours, gently rinse your mouth with lukewarm salt water.
Success rates of dental implant treatments vary, depending on position of implants, osseointegration, etc. In general, dental implants have a success rate of approximately 95%. With proper due care , implants can last a lifetime!
Normal risks of surgery like infection, excessive bleeding and necrosis of the flap of tissue around the implant are associated with dental implant surgery.
At Smilenglamour, one can start their treatment by paying easy monthly installments at 0% interest with Bajaj Finserv or Capital Float or Snapmint EMI Network.