Smile n glamour One of the best teeth whitening hospital in Nagpur. Teeth whitening or bleaching, the discoloration of the teeth is done. This treatment helps to remove the stains from the stained teeth. Specific dental chemical agents are used by dental experts during the whitening process. Generally, 40 to 60 minutes are incurred for this treatment.
Table of content
It is a way of lightening the teeth by using a chemical agent that breaks down stain producing chromogens on the surface of teeth. It is also called Bleaching since its done with a bleaching agent like Hydrogen Peroxide or Carbamide Peroxide.
The reason for treatment differs from person to person. Like variations in our hair and skin color ,teeth color is also different from one person to another. Indications includes:
- Intrinsic tooth staining: Stains on Teeth
- Aesthetics: Makes Teeth look whiter thereby improving your smile.
- Fluorosis: Fluorosis causes pitting and yellow stains which can be made less evident by bleaching.
- Tetracycline staining: Tetracycline stains can be made less evident.
- Tobacco Staining: Stains due to tobacco can be made less visible by bleaching of teeth.
- Extrinsic stains: It is the most common type of tooth discoloration on external surface of the tooth. These stains usually occur due to the excessive consumption of certain types of foods & beverages. It affects the enamel that causes discoloration in the teeth. Habits like smoking and tobacco chewing are also responsible for external stains.
- Intrinsic stains: Intrinsic staining primarily occurs during the tooth development. Intrinsic stains are those that cannot be removed through mechanical measures such as debridement prophylactic stain removal.
- Smoking and tobacco chewing
- Increased frequency of drinking sugary and acidic liquids such as coffee, cola, tea, and red wine
- Poor oral hygiene that results in staining and calculus buildup
- Use of Mouthwash like Chlorhexidine, which can bind to tannins
- Trauma to the tooth, which results in staining as a result of pulp necrosis or internal resorption.
- Enamel Hypoplasia
- Amelogenosis Imperfecta
- Dentinogenesis Imperfecta
- Staining due to Tetracycline
At your visit to the SmilenGlamour Dentist clinic, our dentist will examine your teeth closely and let you know if you need further treatment.
Our professional dentist will check the overall condition of the teeth, the health of the teeth and will ensure the patient’s gums are healthy, post which our professionals will take this treatment further. At SmilenGlamour, dental check up is at Zero cost!
Cleaning the teeth will be the first step of your treatment process. Then they will put a rubber shield to protect your gums from caustic dental bleach. This is followed by applying the whitening solution. They will then apply the hydrogen peroxide-based whitening agent onto your teeth.
30-90 minutes shall elapse before the treatment is done. One may need upto one to three appointments at SmilenGlamour dentist, depending upon the method used, how severe your stains are and the extent to how white you want your teeth to be!
Vital whitening:This treatment is done for the natural, vital and healthy tooth. Bleaching solution here is applied onto the vital tooth surface. This treatment is effective in lightening and brightening your teeth. It can be done by dentist (In-Office) or by at-home technique.
For At-home whitening procedure, the dentist records impressions of upper and lower teeth. This helps to prepare custom mouthpieces that fit you well. A close fit ensures that the whitening agent remains in contact with your teeth. At home, one has to fill each mouthpiece with the provided whitening gel. The mouthpiece needs to be worn for several hours every day.
Optimal amount of whitening is achieved within a week or two. However, one may need to wear the mouthpiece for four weeks or longer for effective whitening. Whitening products over the counter may also be used.
However, they contain weaker whitening agents and whitening may thus take longer. The whitening agent is then applied as a gel placed in a mouthpiece or as a strip that sticks to your teeth. Over-the-counter mouthpieces fit less securely than the customized kind that the dentist provides.
Dentist who whiten our teeth – managed bleaching may include in-office teeth bleaching treatments. In-office whitening involves use of more powerful whitening gel. A specialized light or laser is used to activate the gel and allow teeth bleaching to happen faster!
In-office whitening treatment takes around 30 to 90 minutes.1 to 3 appointments may be needed depending upon the method used, how severe your stains are and how white you want your teeth to be! Different stains may respond differently to the teeth bleaching treatment.
After the whitening agent is applied by the dentist, laser or light activator is used on the teeth. If one’s teeth are badly discolored, dentist may also suggest to continue the teeth bleaching process at home for a few days or weeks.
Benefits of the treatment:
- Bright smile: Aesthetics is the priority of the patients for achieving white teeth. This treatment will it brighten up the teeth and make them appear attractive.
- Removal of Stains and Discoloration: Tooth whitening will remove unaesthetic stains and discoloration from the tooth surface.
The fact that you have to remember about the treatment is it can only lighten the existing shade not giving it a new colour shade. Hence works on only natural teeth. It will not work on any set of ‘false’ teeth (prosthesis) such as dentures, crowns, etc.
Oral care after the treatment:
- Keep your teeth white by decreasing the amount of drinking, smoking or eating sugary, coloured(turmeric, coffee, colas) items.
- Visit your dentist regularly once in 6 months, and when they call you back for the treatment.
- Maintain regular oral hygiene.
- Regular brushing and flossing are utterly important.
Some patients may feel sensitivity in their teeth after the treatment for a couple of days. This can be resolved by the discussion with our dentist, and they will assist you with a proper solution.
- Teeth Bleaching is not advised for children 6 years.
- Teeth Bleaching treatment should be avoided for pregnant or lactating women.
Your eating, drinking, and oral cleanliness propensities can affect to what extent your teeth brightening results last. After you’ve finished any brightening treatment, your teeth are as yet powerless to recoloring from refreshments like tea and espresso, and certain nourishments.
Flushing your mouth or brushing your teeth not long after eating or drinking can shield those sorts of staining specialists from subsiding into the outside of your teeth — and decline the opportunity for plaque to develop!
If you feel whitening of the teeth will benefit you, you can contact SmilenGlamour dentist to seek and discuss the procedure further. You can take the appointment directly too by contacting us. Find your nearby clinic within our maps! Happiness begins with a smile and we will assist you to get your desired smile!
Teeth Whitening: Why You Should Talk to Your Dentist
Teeth bleaching can make teeth incidentally delicate – or be awkward for individuals who as of now have touchy teeth. At the point when utilized mistakenly, home packs can likewise prompt consumed – even briefly faded – gums. Tooth-brightening works best for individuals with yellow teeth and is less powerful for individuals with earthy colored teeth.
In the event that your teeth are dim or purple, tooth dying most likely won’t work by any stretch of the imagination. To be certain tooth-brightening merits your time and cash, converse with your dental specialist before you utilize an over-the-counter tooth brightening unit.
Teeth whitening is the process in which the stains, dark spots, brownish marks, etc. are cleaned from the teeth. Many people suffer from this kind of the problem which makes them feel awkward. They find it difficult to smile and talk openly due to this situation.
Here, teeth whitening treatment is better solution for removing the black spots and other brownish layer from teeth. They can make the teeth look whiter bringing a better shine on it. Considering a proficient teeth whitening services provider can help you to achieve desired white shine on your teeth.
- Intake of more liquids like coffee, tea, soft drinks, etc.
- Tobacco chewing & smoking
- Improper brushing & flossing activity
- Improper or avoiding the mouth rinsing after eating the food
Here are the two major types of the teeth whitening treatment:
1. Non-vital whitening
This type of treatment is usually done after the root canal treatment. Here, the staining happens particularly in the intrinsic part of the tooth. A bleaching agent like carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide is used for teeth cleaning. After doing it, the tooth is sealed with suitable dental material.
2. Vital whitening
This type of the treatment is done for the healthy and natural tooth. A bleaching solution here is applied on the teeth.
What are some of the oral care to take after the treatment?
- Visiting the dentist office regularly after an interval of six months.
- Avoiding unwanted food and drinks after the treatment process.
- Avoid brushing very hardly for few days after the treatment.
- Maintaining a proper oral hygiene.
If you are looking for the low cost teeth bleaching cost in India then SmilenGlamour dentist is a better choice for you. SmilenGlamour dentist provides best teeth whitening technique that can improve your smile.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Tooth Sensitivity: The most common side effect is tooth sensitivity. Sensitivity is directly related to the concentration of hydrogen peroxide. Postoperative care of using a fluoridated mouth rinse or ACP-CPP should be taken, to promote remineralization of the enamel surface.
- Gum irritation: This is possible if the bleaching agent or if the margins of an ill fitting tray comes in contact with unprotected gum tissue. Such lesions should be treated by copious rinsing with water. More severe ones should be treated with topical application of anaesthetic gels. If any of these side effects continue, then you should visit your dentist.
At SMILENGLAMOUR, the cost of teeth whitening procedures is Rs 00000/-.
- In – office Technique: 30 minutes per appointment are required. 1 – 3 appointments may be required.
- At Home : 4 hours per session is required. Duration of treatment depends on the extent of discoloration. Results may show as early as 2 – 14 days or may take as long as 6 – 12 months.
All toothpastes remove tooth surface stains since they contain mild abrasives. However, some whitening toothpastes also contain gentle polishing or chemical agents that provide additional stain removal effectiveness.
Whitening toothpastes can only aid in removing surface stains only and do not contain bleach; over-the-counter and professional whitening contain carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide that cause induce bleaching to lighten the teeth shade.
Teeth Whitening can last for 1 – 3 years. However, the change may also be permanent in some situations.
Following are the Over-the-counter and professional whitening agents to be used at home:
- Strips and Gels: The plastic whitening strips contain a layer of peroxide gel and are shaped to fit the buccal/labial surfaces of the teeth. They are recommended to be used twice daily for 30 minutes for 14 days to give effective results. However, specific whitening strip products will have their own set of instructions.
- Tray based Teeth Whitening: The dentist will first take impressions of the upper and lower teeth and then prepare the trays. At home, the patient should brush their teeth prior to the use of these trays since surface debris can minimize the effective contact of bleaching agent with the tooth surface. Then, the patient should place sufficient bleaching agent (10% carbamide peroxide) into the tray to cover the facial surfaces of teeth. This tray should be worn for a time period of 4 hours for every session. After every teeth bleaching session, rinse off the bleaching agent from teeth surface. Depending on the extent of tooth discoloration, time duration to achieve the optimal result may vary.
Hydrogen Peroxide can have an ischemic effect on skin and mucous membranes, thus causing a chemical burn. However, proper protection should be exercised to prevent direct contact of hydrogen peroxide with tissues. Within the concentration range of 5 – 35%, it can be employed for teeth whitening.